Get Involved In This Section
  • Be Freshwater Friendly
    • Learn more about our public education campaigns.
  • Events & Partners
    • Get involved with ReWa’s environmental events and explore our partner institutions.
  • Tours & Presentations
    • Schedule a tour of a ReWa facility or book a ReWa speaker today.
  • Newsletter
    • Sign up to receive general community e-newsletters and/or procurement e-notifications.
Connect In This Section
Contact In This Section
News & Alerts
FOIA Requests and Changes Effective January 1, 2016 Read More »
General Permit Renewal for Food Service Establishments Read More »
Notice of Public Hearing - Calendar Year 2018 Proposed Budget Read More »
Notice of ReWa Rate Increase Read More »
ReWa on behalf of SCDOT will close Edwards Road bridge for utility relocation Read More »
View information on the Richland Creek Trunk Sewer Improvement Project Read More »
Sewer-related emergency? Read More »

We value customer service, and providing swift access to key information is one of our goals.

For new development, service availability, and general development questions, contact Mike Jones in the Engineering Department. There are two classifications of service that require ReWa approval – Service Lateral Connections and Public Main Extensions. A Service Lateral Connection refers to a single sewer line, typically from a repurposed building, new commercial development, or new single building. Service Laterals may connect to a Sewer Subdistrict sewer line or directly to a ReWa manhole. A Service Lateral Connection does not require permitting through SCDHEC, therefore once the capacity letter is issued by ReWa, the flow is officially allocated to the development. A Public Main Extension refers to a new collection system of sewer lines and manholes typically serving new subdivisions, apartments, townhomes, etc. The new collection system will need to be permitted through ReWa and SCDHEC. ReWa will not officially guarantee flow capacity until plans are approved (refer to Step 2 in the Public Main Extension process).  Individual Homes or buildings associated with a Public Main Extension do not go through ReWa’s Service Lateral permitting process. Click on the links below to access the forms to begin the review process.

Email Mike Jones Phone: 864-299-4000 ext 211

Click Here to Download the SCDHEC R.61-67 Unit Contributory Loading Form

Service Lateral

Public Main Extension